- To help preserve the historical, cultural, recreational and natural resources of Castle Rocks State Park and City of Rocks National Reserve through education, advocacy, and actions.
- To interact with other current, prior or future users of the area as a resource representing climbers
- To advocate and respond to Park concerns arising from climbing activity
- To represent climbers through conducting research and educating the public on issues related to the environment, protection of natural resources, and economic development, and advocating on behalf of those issues
- To provide insight and input to help make decisions related to technical rock climbing at Castle Rock State Park
- To provide technical assistance, resources and guidance for fixed anchor management.
- As needed, work with parks staff to develop climbing plans and assist with general recommendations regarding climbing